We are looking for a highly motivated undergraduate to work as an intern in L’Oréal Advanced Research labs (locations detailed below). Our two most fundamental organs of study are on the skin and the hair. Skin being the largest barrier organ of the human body, is the first line of defense to protect the body from environmental insults. The many functions of hair include protection, regulation of body temperature and the facilitation of evaporation. L’Oreal Advanced Research labs study the biological, biochemical, and physiological properties of skin and hair to better understand their role in health and beauty and develop new molecules and formula systems for innovative, consumer centric product concepts.
This is a perfect position for a student who wants to work in a laboratory setting and gain valuable research experience in preparation for graduate school or future industrial position.
- Review and research project background with mentor
- Design and conduct experiments, with mentorship guidance, within a defined project
- Become proficient in laboratory and/or biochemical or chemical/analytical assays
- Collect, record and interpret data, and draw sound scientific conclusions based on analyzed data
- Present project before colleagues and peers
- Major in Life Sciences/Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Passion for science and academic excellence
- Basic/practical bench work research experience required
- Hands-on experience and familiarity with relevant lab techniques preferred
- Independent, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate strong motivation and interest in performing research
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Other documents