A leader in naval defence, we design, build and maintain surface vessels and submarines for world marines including the French Navy.
As a trainee you will be part of Naval Group’s Ollioules teams. Our Ollioules site has become Naval Group's headquarters for R&D work and the integration of vessel mission and combat systems, which earns it the title of the largest European centre for “real-time” software.
The goal of this internship is to study drone components relationship to allow for the development of predictive maintenance on this class of asset. Specifically you will:
- participate in building a mechanical graph of the unmanned underwater vessel (UUV) based on material relationships
- confront the mechanical graphs with maintenance reports, in order to draft accurate model relations between parts
- submit a technical report
The mentor of the internship will be Mr Grégory Bartoli, head of Algorithm and advanced architecture department in Ollioules.
If successful, this internship could lead to a full time position in our Centre of Excellence in Singapore.
Find out more about Naval Group here: https://www.naval-group.com/en/talents/
The student should have:
- initial knowledge in French in order to be able to interact with colleagues, even if the day to day work will be in english
- sound programming skills with good understanding of data structures, object-oriented programming and algorithms
- Cover letter
Naval Group is thoroughly investing in innovation, and has a dedicated entity for Research and Development, able to tackle a vast amount of R&D subjects such as systems, tools, processes, combat systems, weaponry, and of course operator’s performance. Naval Group is present in Singapore with a full subsidiary of Naval Group S.A. Naval Group Far-East . The internship will take place in France in one of our research office in Ollioules near Toulon or in Nantes.