France Excellence Internships
France is the second top destination in Europe for students from Singapore wishing to pursue a higher education, with around 500 new students going every year. Singapore is also the leading destination for French investment in South-East Asia, with more than 750 French companies based in the city-state. In the context of the France-Singapore Year of Innovation (January 2018 – March 2019), which provided a new impetus to the bilateral relationship with 12 ministerial visits and over 60 events held in both Singapore and France, we developed the idea of encouraging Singaporean students to acquire a unique skill set “à la française” through an internship in MNCs (French Multinational Companies) with a strong presence in Singapore.
France Excellence (FEX) is a scholarship programme supported by several French companies and the Embassy of France. FEX is the perfect vehicle for Singaporean students to do a 2- to 6-month internship in France. The programme supports a very wide range of internships including engineering, business, art design, social science, management and much more.
|Refer to the following schedule if your internship is carried in SINGAPORE OR OVERSEAS:|
|End of internship applications||1 month before the date of the start of the internship||2 month before the date of the start of the internship|
|Companies select and notify the students||15 days before the date of start of the internship||1 month before the date of the start of the internship|
For the internships carried out in France:
- Students selected in the programme will be exempt from visa fees (i.e exempted of approximately SGD150, service fees are still to be paid to VFS Global agency),
- The Embassy of France will cover the cost of the round trip plane tickets,
- The Embassy of France will secure an accommodation for the students during the internship period. The rent is to be paid by the students,
- Students will receive a scholarship from the Embassy of France in order to follow French language classes during the first three months of the internship period,
- The French company will provide monthly stipend to the student during the internship of a minimum of €577.50/month (≈SGD885) according to the French Law,
- All the remaining costs are at the charge of the student.
- The programme is open to undergraduates in their 3rd or 4th year (Bachelor level) and to graduate students (Master level),
- The internships are between three to six months,
- The only requirement is an English proficiency,
- The internships are open to students from any nationality but they must be enrolled in any of the six partner universities for the whole duration of the internship: NTU, NUS, SIT, SMU, SUSS and SUTD,
- The internships may be carried out in any domain, no restriction applies.
The French company will provide monthly stipend to the student during his internship of a minimum of 577.50 €/month (≈885 SGD) according to the French Law when the internship takes place in France. The exact amount of the monthly stipend will be decided by the French company, last session average monthly stipend was approximately 1100€. All the remaining costs are at the charge of the student.
The companies are fully responsible of the selection process of the candidates. After the application is both approved by the Embassy of France and the French company, Campus France, a French public organisation attached to the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs, will be in charge of the logistic part of the scholarship (plane tickets, health insurance coverage, help for accommodation, etc.). The Embassy of France keeps the right to reject any student application or offered internship through the “France Excellence” programme platform.